- Yang-Style Tai Chi Chuan 24 Forms
- Tai Chi Chuan—Directional Instructions
- Tai Chi Chuan Step-by-Step Instructions (1/8)
- Tai Chi Chuan Step-by-Step Instructions (2/8)
- Tai Chi Chuan Step-by-Step Instructions (3/8)
In addition, we have provided more helpful tips in this article.
- Exercise with empty stomach
- Warm-up first
- Easy motions, such as shoulder circles, turning the head from side to side, or rocking back and forth, help you to loosen your muscles and joints and focus on your breath and body.
- There is a pattern in healthy breathing that relates to the timing of the inhale, exhale and pause
- Pauses are the time at the bottom of the exhale where no in breath or exhale is occurring
- Consider Tai Chi a repeated 1, 2 pattern in breathing and movements
- 1, 2 breathing involves the inhale and exhale (considering pause a part of exhale phase)
- Ideally, the whole session last as long as 7 minutes (hint: don't rush)
- From relative positions of furnitures in the area, it could remind you what forms to follow next
- For sneakers, choose light, soft, flexible, and flat-bottomed ones.
- At home, I find the following flip-flop a good choice:
- Teva Mush II Flip-Flops - Men's (at REI)